Blue Bird Day is seeking a full time therapeutic assistant to support our lead teacher and therapeutic staff. The therapy assistant will join a team of therapeutic professionals including a special education teacher, occupational, speech and developmental therapists.
This position involves assisting in a small class of 10-12 children, providing 1:1 and 1:3 support to our students, activity preparation and clean up, and collaborating with our therapeutic team of specialists.
Experience working with young children with autism, sensory processing disorders and other developmental delays is required. Experience with multi-sensory based curriculums, such as Zoophonics, Handwriting without Tears and DIR/Floortime is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate is one who is passionate about working with young children and driven to develop professionally.
Blue Bird Day provides competitive compensation, health benefits, an inviting company culture and opportunities for professional growth.
Perspective Developmental Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing a clear federal background check prior to start of employment. Terms of this agreement are dependent on federal background check.
- Responsible for obtaining a paraprofessional license through the Illinois Department of Education. This license may be waived by director, if employee holds a teaching license, substitute teaching license, or other approved certification.
- Participate in all required orientation and ongoing internal and external trainings.
- Assist Blue Bird Day therapists, staff, and clients while Blue Bird Day is in session Monday-Thursday.
- Employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Assist with daily data collection.
- Assist with meal prep and clean up for lunch time and snack.
- Assist in therapy room and lesson preparation
- Assist clients with toileting and rest time as needed.
- Assist in cleaning and organizing Blue Bird Day facility.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Directly report to their classroom teacher and Senior Therapeutic Assistant for daily tasks
- Assist in additional tasks as needed.
- Health/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Continuing education and professional dues reimbursement
- Opportunity to grow in leadership, professional development and clinical skills
- Paraprofessional Certification required
- Bachelors degree required
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Paraprofessional (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
Apply below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org