Cara N, MS, OTR/L
Occupational Therapist – Department Head
Blue Bird Day Employee Since 2015
Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy
University of Illinois at Chicago
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- 2019 Nominee for Beatrice D. Wade Clinical Educator Award
Credentials and Certification
- Licensed and Registered Occupational Therapist
- Nonviolent Crisis Prevention Intervention Certified
- BLS CPR/First Aid Certified
- Therapeutic Use of Self and the Intentional Relationship Model
- Sensory Integration
- Motor Planning and Coordination
- Handwriting Without Tears
After growing up in a pediatric therapy clinic (my mom is a Speech-Language Pathologist!) and assisting in the therapeutic dance program (Dance for Parkinson’s Disease at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign), I knew I wanted to combine my love for movement with helping others. Occupational therapists’ whole person point of view really hit home with me, so it seemed like a perfect fit. I came to Blue Bird and Eyas after working in Early Intervention and have enjoyed growing with the company. I enjoy incorporating creative movement into both my individual and group treatment sessions!
My Blue Bird Day
I provide my clients with research-based, client-centered interventions to help them achieve their individual therapy goals. It is my goal to become certified in yoga for special needs children.
My Blue Bird Day Goals
- I provide my clients with research-based, client-centered interventions to help them achieve their individual therapy goals.
- It is my goal to become certified in yoga for special needs children.