Cory C, OTR/L
Blue Bird Day Employee Since 2021
Masters of Occupational Therapy,
Credentials and Certification
- CPR/BLS for Healthcare Workers Certification
- Sensory Integration
- Fieldwork Experience in DIR Floortime
I have always had a special connection to people with disabilities and a strong interest in learning about disabilities. In middle school and high school, I assisted often with the special education classes and loved it! In high school, I got involved in Best Buddies and formed a fascination with autism. I discovered OT while watching documentaries about autism and Down syndrome and have never looked back! My mom has been a preschool teacher my whole life and I’ve always known I wanted to follow her footsteps in working with kids. After completing fieldwork in a local therapeutic day school, I was completely certain I had chosen the right path for me! I’m so excited to be continuing that path here at Blue Bird!
My Blue Bird Day
I am so excited to get started at Blue Bird! I loved my past experience in a therapeutic day school and can’t wait to continue learning and collaborating here!
Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN)
My Blue Bird Day Goals
- To continue to gain experience working in pediatrics and collaborating with families.
- To further my experience with and understanding of sensory integration.
- To obtain credentials in DIR Floortime and Sensory Integration.