Elizabeth M, M.A., CCC-SLP
Blue Bird Day Employee Since 2022
Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Science,
Grand Valley State University
Master of Arts in Speech and Hearing Science,
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Credentials and Certification
- Licensed and Credentialed Speech-Language Pathologist, State of Illinois
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC), ASHA Certified
- Professional Educator License (PEL), State of Illinois
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Expressive and Receptive Language Disorders
- Early Language Acquisition and Development
I have always loved working with children and luckily learned about the field of speech-language pathology when I was in middle school. During undergrad, I had the chance to work at an autism center as a behavior therapist and quickly fell in love with the population and setting. The interdisciplinary collaboration was amazing. After graduating from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2021, I completed my clinical fellowship at a skilled nursing facility following my medical internship at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab. Meeting all the milestones to eventually receive my CCCs has been the best rollercoaster! Though I enjoyed working with adults and providing speech therapy in a medical setting, I realized that my heart and passion lay more in pediatrics. I love connecting with kids and their families and seeing the progress that can be made when provided individualized treatment. I am so excited to be joining the team at Blue Bird Day!
My Blue Bird Day Goals
- Continuing to grow my clinical expertise and knowledge by taking continuing education courses and trainings. I am particularly interested in learning more about and treating children with feeding difficulties as well as AAC.
- I would also like to obtain continuing education certifications like the SOS Approach to Feeding, DIR Floortime, and Sensory Integration.