Dr. Jennifer K, PT, DPT
Clinic Director (Wheaton), Physical Therapist
Blue Bird Day Employee Since 2015
Bachelors of Science in Biomedical Sciences,
Doctor of Physical Therapy,
Credentials and Certification
- State of IL Licensed Physical Therapist
- Nonviolent Crisis Prevention Intervention Certified
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Early Intervention Provider Credential
- Early Intervention Evaluator Credential
- Primitive Reflex Integration
- Toe Walking
- Breathing and Postural Control
My younger brother was in Early Intervention and outpatient therapy for most of my childhood. I loved participating in his sessions whenever the therapists let me! The impact those therapists had on our family has always stayed with me. Physical Therapy allows me to combine my passion for athletics and working with children. I have worked in the hospitals, outpatient pediatric clinics, and schools but once I found Blue Bird I knew it was the role for me.
My Blue Bird Day
I am so proud of the holistic nature of our program, the devotion the staff has for our kids, and the high standards we have for each other. I gave my mom a tour of Blue Bird Wheaton when it first opened, and she cried happy tears. She said “I wish I had this as an option 30 years ago, because everything would have been different.”
My Blue Bird Day Goals
- To provide the highest quality multi-disciplinary therapy services to our Wheaton community.
- To collaborate and expand our relationships with the medical and school communities in the western suburbs.
- To provide a safe haven for families, where they know their children will be nurtured and challenged by our team while receiving the therapy services to help them succeed in their lives.
Outstanding facility with and amazing, caring, professional staff. So glad we chose this place.
We started at Blue Bird Wheaton by receiving a tour from the Director (Jennifer). The facility was just outstanding but what sold us was seeing our clingy 2.5 year-old comfortable. Jennifer was so welcoming and kind letting our LO explore his new nest.