Jillian D, MA, BCBA
Department Head of Behavior Therapy, Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Blue Bird Day Employee Since 2017
Masters Degree in Applied Behavior Analysis
Ball State University
Bachelors Degree Women and Gender Studies with a minor in Applied Health
Ball State University
Credentials and Certification
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Nonviolent Crisis Prevention Intervention Certified
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- ABA Department Leadership
- ABA Masters Level Student Practicum Student Supervisor
- Challenging Behavior Reduction across environments
- Behavior Intervention Plan Training with providers and families
- Increase of Skill Acquisition and Socially Significant behavior
- Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP Assessment)
- Caregiver Training and Family Sessions
- Provider Collaboration
- Small and Large Group ABA Based Learning Sessions
- Using AAC devices and PECS in ABA sessions
- Transition planning
(Mar 2019) Table Top Learning and Fun For St. Patrick’s Day.
After being an only child for 6 years, my younger sister was born with Down Syndrome.
This changed my world! I was exposed to the world of therapists being in our homes, observing, and being a part of therapy sessions from a young age. Therapists became my idols, and interacting with my sister in a therapeutic way came naturally for me at a young age. My first jobs were babysitting special needs children, working as a camp counselor with special needs children, and working in daycares and preschools. At the end of college, I became a behavior technician on the weekends while working at a preschool. I felt I finally found the job I was looking for that applied my previous and personal experience. I began to pursue my master’s in Applied Behavior Analysis soon after, and became a BCBA in February 2017!
My Blue Bird Day
I enjoy working at Blue Bird for the collaboration that is easily accessible between disciplines and providers. Additionally, pediatrics is my favorite age group to work with. I enjoy participating and planning various types of sessions: individual, small/large group sessions, peer interactions, sibling sessions, and caregiver training sessions that are all available for me to provide at Blue Bird.
My Blue Bird Day Goals
- Obtain Certification in Organization Behavior Management
From my clients: A special thank you and shot out to all of our Blue Bird Team! Because as they say it takes a village, you are a blessing in our lives!
From my peer: You are such an amazing BCBA. Thank you for responding to distress calls, for being so knowledgeable, for being so flexible, and so much more. Thank you for everything!
From my supervisor: For always providing helpful feedback and caring about not only your clients but your team members!