Laura Z, MS, DT
Therapy Case Manager, Developmental Therapist
Blue Bird Day Employee Since 2021
Bachelors in Psychology,
University of Kansas
Masters of Science in Child Development with specialization in Infancy,
Credentials and Certification
- Credentialed Developmental Therapist
- Early Intervention Specialist
- Certified Educator in Infant Massage
- DCFS Mandated Reporter Certification
- Specialization in Development (Birth-3 Years)
- DIR Floortime Model
- Developmental Therapy
- Facilitating Attuned Interactions Approach (FAN)
Throughout the last 10 years I have worked with children and families in a variety of contexts, with individual differences, and cultures. I am interested in all the pieces that impact development, starting from the first days of life, which led me to obtaining my Masters Degree in Child Development to further my knowledge and practice to better support families and children in reaching their fullest potential. I also believe strongly in the importance of relationships, play-based therapy, and the whole child approach to support development, which is why I became a Developmental Therapist.
My Blue Bird Day
I was a Developmental Therapist intern at Blue Bird Day in 2017-2018 and truly appreciated the collaborative and whole child approach that Blue Bird provided to children.
My Blue Bird Day Goals
- To continue to learn and grow as a therapist through collaboration with different therapists and disciplines in the field.
- Work towards completing the DIR Floortime Certification course.