Nicole S, M.S. CCC-SLP
Blue Bird Day Employee Since 2021
Bachelor of Science in Speech Language Pathology and Audiology,
Master of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders,
Credentials and Certification
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP)
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, State of Illinois, Professional Educator License (PEL)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Receptive and Expressive Language Disorders
Growing up, I was always interested in working in healthcare, but was not quite sure which direction to go. Thankfully, my aunt, who is a school-based nurse, told me about the profession of speech language pathology. She had the opportunity to work with various speech language pathologists throughout her career and thought it was a career I would be interested in. After taking introductory courses in speech pathology during my undergraduate education, I knew this was the profession for me!
My Blue Bird Day Goals
- To become a supervising speech language pathologist to new graduates completing their clinical fellowship.
- To obtain my Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) certification.