Sindu S, MS, CCC-SLP
Speech Language Pathologist
Blue Bird Day Employee Since 2022
Masters of Science in Speech-Language Pathology,
New York Medical College
Credentials and Certification
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) ASHA certified
- Licensed and Credentialed Speech-Language Pathologist – State of Illinois
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) trained
- SOS Approach to Feeding trained
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Early Language Acquisition and Development
- Expressive and Receptive Language Disorders
I was first exposed to the field in University while volunteering as a swim instructor for children with special needs. After learning about the field of Speech-Pathology, I shadowed a pediatric clinician and joined a research lab which solidified my passion for the field. Since receiving a masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology in 2014, I have worked in a variety of pediatric settings including private schools, homes, and outpatient clinics. It is so rewarding helping children find their voice, engage with their world, and build relationships with others.
My Blue Bird Day
I joined the Blue Bird Day Team in August 2019 and had the pleasure of working at both the West Loop and Northcenter locations, and now the Wheaton clinic. I love Blue Bird Day’s multidisciplinary approach and learning from other experts in the field.
My Blue Bird Day Goals
- Continue to gain knowledge and grow in the area of pediatric feeding and oral motor therapy, AAC, and DIR/Floortime.
- Further develop my mentorship skills while supervising graduate students and clinical fellows.