Applied Behavior Analysis at Blue Bird Day
Guest Authored By Ainsley A, RBT
Finding the right Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) program can often be a little stressful and overwhelming. These are a couple of helpful tips and tricks to look out for when finding a great program.
Who is part of the team?
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA): Individuals who completed a qualifying Master’s Program and participated in clinical hours to become approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB). These individuals:
- Uses evidence-based Applied Behavior Analysis assessments and interventions to create individualized goals to enhance skill development.
- Create a Behavior Intervention Plan based on a conducted Functional Behavior Assessment.
- Conducts Parent Trainings.
- Supervises the Registered Behavior Technician in their application.
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT): Individuals who have completed a Board Certified 40-hour program and passed an exam by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. These individuals:
- Implement Applied Behavior Analysis interventions created by the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- Receive ongoing supervision by the BCBA.
- Gets reviewed by the BACB Annually.
Developmental Therapist (DT): Individuals who have completed a qualifying Master’s Program and are part of the therapy case manager team who are experts in child development as a whole. Developmental Therapy may not necessarily be available at other agencies. These individuals:
- Identify where a child’s functional performance meaningfully impact a family’s life and ability to participate in daily routines.
- Use role play and functional play schemes to enhance a child’s volition and motivation when participating in recreational activities.
Why choose ABA at Blue Bird Day?
Here at Blue Bird Day, ABA therapists collaborate with other disciplines to create a holistic intervention program for your growing kiddo. We work together with Speech, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Social Work, and Nutritional Therapists to improve all skills.
2. Group and Individual
Blue Bird Day offers a unique blend of individual and group services to work alongside your child in a variety of scenarios that are similar to everyday situations they might encounter such as:
- A playground
- Family game night
- Individual functional play
- A school setting
- Play dates
- Grocery Shopping with the family
3. Multi Environment
We acknowledge that your children participate in different environments, and so our services can accompany you:
- In clinic
- In home
- Virtual (when applicable)