Justine C, MOT, OTR/L
Senior Occupational Therapist
Blue Bird Day Employee Since 2020
Masters of Occupational Therapy,
Midwestern University – Downers Grove
Credentials and Certification
- Early Intervention Credential
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Sensory Integration
- Intentional Relationship Model
- Motor Planning and Coordination
My mom had hip fracture from working as a nurse and also had a tumor within the same year. She needed a lot of help around the house doing her daily tasks of cooking, dressing herself, and cleaning around the house and I enjoyed being there to assist her. From there, she influenced me to look into OT! I further did more observations in different settings and I essentially fell in love with the pediatric population and setting. It was amazing seeing the resilience these children have and witnessing how they gain new skills and I have loved it ever since!
My Blue Bird Day
I love the concept of providing these children an opportunity to gain new skills and meet their goals within a structured school-like program. In addition, collaborating with other disciplines and the child’s family are key to increasing the child’s independence and participation in their daily activities.
Coffee, Hip Hop, and Mental Health
My Blue Bird Day Goals
- Specialize and increase my knowledge in feeding therapy (SOS Feeding).
- Continue to build my clinical experience and skills to increase every child’s independence and participation in their occupations.